This meal is one of my favorite meals that I’ve made this summer. It was quick and delicious. The recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen. The pork chops melted in my mouth and there were so many flavors, it was very decadant. Along with the pork chops I prepared roasted potatoes and warmed some bread in the oven. I unfortunately forgot to get a picture of it, but next time I make this recipe, which will hopefully be very soon, I will get a picture.
Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder, cocoa powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over pork chops.
Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side. Put the skillet in oven and bake the pork chops until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven, transfer the chops to a serving platter and serve.