My mom and dad took my little brother to the movies this afternoon and before she left, she said, “Here is the recipe for dinner.” Luckily for her, I didn’t mind making dinner, and I needed something new to post. What i really liked about this recipe though was how easy it was. It was a different kind of Mexican dish instead of just tacos.
- 2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (recipe says cheddar, I used Mexican Four Cheese Mix)
- 2 tsp. Veggie Oil
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso thick’n Chunky Salsa (my family prefers medium spiciness)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray square pan with Pam. Stir together Bisquick, water, and egg. Spread in pan; sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
- Cook and stir chicken in oil over medium-high heat until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in salsa; heat until hot. Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Makes about 6 servings.
It is really yummy with Spanish rice and Pento beans.